10.28.2008

The Nursery: Phase 2

Matthew and I have been working hard on the nursery, preparing for our little man to arrive! There's still more decorating to be done, but most of that can't be done until he's here. It's really hard to put pictures up of a baby that's not even here yet! I don't think he'll mind if his walls are a little bare to start. But anyways, I thought I would take some pictures of the room to show it's progress.....




When looking for my bedding, I came across Restoration Hardware's new baby and child line. When I saw these hat boxes, I decided I wanted the bedding to match them. I know, who really picks baby bedding based on hat boxes? Yeah, I do.


But not only are they cute, they are functional!


This boy already has so many toys!




A damask frame I found that goes along with all the other damask print in the room... again, I need a baby in order to fill it with pictures.


A cute photo clip I found...


We received this cute "r" monogram from a friend of ours. I've also ordered his whole name so I can put that on one of the walls, but obviously I'm not going to show that yet, sorry! :)



I was so excited to come home today because I knew what would be waiting for me - our canvas gallery wrap for the baby's room!! My amazing sister-in-law, Diana (www.dianasimpson.com), took this maternity photo of us, and I thought it was only appropriate to put it in the nursery! The verse I added to it is 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed..." I can't wait to hang it in the room! Thanks, Diana, for the awesome photo!!



No comments: