12.09.2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Seth!!

One year ago, I got to meet for the first time one of the most special people in my life. I knew my life would be better at that moment, but I had no idea what was in store for me. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful being a mother is and how in love with this tiny person I am! All my life I dreamed of becoming a mother and being able to pour into the life of a child, but there was no way I could imagine how much that child's life would pour into me.

I am so thankful, first off, to my Lord and Savior for giving me such a wonderful and perfect gift in Seth. I am thankful to my husband for being not only an amazing father, but wonderful helper to me as we raise our children together. And lastly, I want to thank Seth for being the most awesome gift ever given to me. He is such a joy to be around and daily teaches me the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am able to love unconditionally this person, who everyday shows me he is not perfect and a sinner. Yet everyday, I am able to love him, forgive him, cherish him, etc. If I, an imperfect human being and sinner myself, am able to come to this kind of love, imagine what the love of the Father is for us. Perfect. AMAZING.

Being 6 months pregnant right now, I'm going to have to cut my post short. I have been an emotional wreck all week thinking about his first birthday and what he means to me and what it has meant to me to watch him grow. And right now is no exception :) I am looking forward to many more years of watching this beautiful boy grow into a man and many more years of him teaching me how great the love of the Father is! Happy 1st Birthday, Seth!

Here is a video Matthew (not me - MATTHEW) put together of Seth's first year....Enjoy!

No comments: